Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wondering if you would like something different today.

Sometimes when I start to write my blog,
My mind seems to be in a thick fog.

So what should I write about today?
The RV is still in the driveway.

I haven't had my telescopes out,
And there's nothing new to talk about.

There are some subjects I don't mention.
Two are politics and religion.

Not that I don't have a lot to say,
I don't want to upset someone's day.

I much prefer something humorous.
Laugh like I had a sniff of nitrous.

So what are you all doing today?
Will read your blogs to see what you say.

Some of my readers don't write a blog.
But do comment while sipping eggnog.

Or something else like coffee or tea.
And I wouldn't doubt some had whiskey.

Whatever you had, I am glad you came,
To see if I had just gone insane.

I am still here and will try to be.
To keep you informed on things and me.

Running out of words that rhyme, I fear.
So, you all have a good day, you hear?


3 comments:

  1. It may appear I'm staring into space
    or have gone stupid because of the blank look upon my face.

    But rest assured I am still alive
    just waiting for some new thought to arrive.

    Sometimes that thousand mile stare
    may mean that I have wandered off somewhere.

    Likely to a place you cannot go
    unless you were with me when I went there so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB, Not sure what you mean by "I guess..." What do you guess, that you will have a good day or a sip of whiskey?

    Oldfool, Your poem is better than mine. I just can't win (grin).

    ReplyDelete