Wondering about wild grapes

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Survived Valentine’s Day

Well, I survived Saint Valentine’s Day, did you? Didn’t have any special candy, just ate a couple pieces of my 70 percent dark chocolate, just like every day. We did, however, get a couple of Caesar salads at McDonalds and a box of seven stuffed jalapeños (jusst for me) at Jack-in-the-Box for supper and a bowl of ice cream for an evening snack. That was the extent of my extravagance for Valentine’s Day and my birthday.


I got a call from my 90 something young Aunt, and she and her daughters sang “Happy Birthday to You” over the phone to me. Just loved it. Since they called when we were out getting our supper to bring home, the singing got recorded on my answering machine. I can now play it over any time I feel low. It will surely perk me up. I am blessed with great relatives, trouble is, they are all so far away.

This last weekend was potato planting time around here. I used to have a large garden. Gave that up a long time ago. Now that we have wild pigs all over the place, it would be useless.

Hope you all have a great week. Weather here will be warm and balmy. It feels nice for a change, after all that cold weather we have been enduring. Trouble is, it will now start to get real hot and humid. You haven’t lived until you have enjoyed 99 degrees with 99 percent humidity. Good for the complexion, they tell me. Didn’t help my looks any. . .

9 comments:

  1. I like Jacks stuffed Jalap's too. I have lived in East Texas with the 99%'s..U-Haul U-ALl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frann, Yep, I think that Jack's stuffed peppers are the best. Those are my treats when I need to award myself. Let's see, I got up this morning, maybe that deserves an award. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack in the Box don't sell FOOD!!! What were those things really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, it seems Wendy's is our marrage's theme. We went immediately following our weddings reception because we both forgot to eat in the chaos. We were still in Tux and Dress, and the car was covered in all sorts of wedding-y stuff. That was almost 6 years ago.

    Yesterday, the wife and I decided to be daring for our valentine's day, and went to a new Korean BBQ. It turned out to be awful and afterwards we got back in the car, looked at each other and said in unison, "Wendys?". Following by lots of laughing, snuggling and tasty burgers.

    And just as a disclaimer, good Korean BBQ is awesome. The wife (who's a first-gen Korean american) and I go often and there are many good places around here. This place was just completely tasteless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben, jalapeños stuffed with cheese then coated with breading (may be cornmeal) and deep fried, now that is what I call food!! They even give you ranch dressing to dip them into. I haven't found any to campare anywhere else.

    Grant, Wendys is always a good start to a honeymoon. Bet they were suprised to see cusomers dressed that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dick! Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Dick, Happy Birthday to you! Now I tried to post this yesterday along with "V" Day wishes for you and your DW but for some reason Blogger had other ideas. Sounds like you had a delightful Day and your food choices would have been what I would have enjoyed for my birthday. Love the jalapeno poppers(Cream cheese stuffed), love Caesar salad but have never ordered one from Mickey D's. Sadly no Jack In The Box in this neck of the woods! :-( I will have to try a salad from Mc D next time I get up that way, just about 2 miles! Hope you have many many more just as fine!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dizzy, have you tried making your own version of the jalepenos? I cut them open take out seeds. coat in egg batter,that is, beatten egg with flour stir til smooth and creamy. Then dip your seedless peppers in this. Drop in hot oil cook,til kind of soft. Then take out of oil, drain and dip into cheese dip. They are so good. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathie, yep, it sure was good. BTW the ones I had are stuffed with chedder, I think.

    Jane, that recipe sounds real good, too. Will have to get some oil, don't think olive oil takes the heat all that well. We don't fry anything here except eggs once in awile and do those in butter. Thanks, will try that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More on frets
    http://www.facebook.com/l/d456b;www.lmii.com/"

    ReplyDelete