Wondering about wild grapes

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nervous Nellie's Jams and Jellies

My cousin Jim took a vacation to Maine. He and his wife had a wonderful time and got cooled off, also. They sent me some pictures of the trip. Some were of whales when they went out on the ocean to watch for them, pictures of the bay, cabins, the park where the Appalachian trail ends, birch bark canoes, and pictures taken at Nervous Nellie’s Jams and Jellies in Deer Isle, Maine.


It was really hard to decide what pictures to show you, they are all so different and crazy. So, I picked a few. I will not try to explain anything in depth, since I don’t know how to explain them accurately. Maybe it is because I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier or maybe it is because I wasn’t there or maybe a combination of both.


This first one is taken of a chess player. His opponent was just as strange looking:

OK, one could only guess. Is it a Go-Go dancer?

Is this just a horn blower? What is that on his left arm? Is that a wing? Maybe this is Gabriel? Anyway, he has nice shoes.

And is this one for the birds?

A knight or an alien?

Market area?

Must be time for supper.

Steer head?

Looks like my old car . . . or maybe something from the Flying Tortoise (grin).
Hope you got a kick out of these pictures, I sure did. It is amazing what some folks do with junk. don't you wish all the junk-yards looked like this?

See Hermit Jim today, maybe he has the answer to what these guys are.

4 comments:

  1. Just another fine example of the creative way some folks can use and reuse junk just laying around!

    Have to admire someone with such a good imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I thought I saw somebody I once knew - - no, he wasn't that good looking.

    If I ever get to Maine (it's a long way from Texas) I must stop and see that place. Want to thank my cousin Jim for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great chassis there DD, we could put a housebus on it in no time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy FT, that is exactly what I thought you would do with it. Maybe get one of those fellows to drive it for you?

    ReplyDelete