Wondering about wild grapes

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Just Asking a Question.

When you watch shows on TV and somebody gets shot in a Western and as they lay their dying they close their eyes.  I don't think that is the case in real live (or death).  When I was a boy, I saw a fellow die in church.  The people close to him shut his eyes and tied a scarf around his jaw and head to keep his mouth closed.  That way the mortician wouldn't need to break the jaw.  That happened over 60 years ago.  That memory stuck with me.  It isn't every day one sees somebody pass away.  I don't ever want to see that happen again.  I hope I didn't depress anyone and I don't know why I thought of that.  Now, you all keep on breathing and have a great evening, you hear?


14 comments:

  1. My father and FIL died with their eyes open, as has every animal that I've ever taken while hinting. They used to lay a coin on the eyes to keep them closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my dad's eye were open or maybe I just wanted to imagine he was peacefully sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe someone closed them or I would rather think that he died peacefully with his eyes shut.

      Delete
  3. My brother passed away with his eyes closed,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they were closed before he passed away, I don't think they would open after he died. I guess I am going to have to do some more research on this subject.

      Delete
  4. That is a good question. When my mother passed away I wasn't with her at the time of death. So when I got there her eyes were closed. Thinking the hospital staff closed them . I was under the impression the eyes were open unless when the person died the eyes were already closed. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey dizzy,, long time huh....good to see youre still posting. was wondering about bb. his post was 2 months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know it has been a couple of months. I have no way of contacting him and can only hope that he is OK and just doing what he wants to do.

      Delete
    2. I just chatted with BB a couple of days ago on facebook, said he reads me every day.

      Delete
    3. Next time you are chatting with him, tell him I said "howdy".

      Delete