Wondering about wild grapes

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Estimates On Tree Removal

In my blog posting on June 20, 2015, I told about my son cutting down that huge oak tree that was partly dead and was dropping dead limbs on the neighbor's property.  Well, it fell in my driveway.  Since my driveway is a loop, I could still get in and out, so there was no rush in getting it removed.  My daughter-in-law called two tree cutting places to get quotes.  One came this morning and one is due to come later this afternoon.  We want a total of three trees cut down.  That one is a definite and also will let which ever one does it, do all three.  Any of you want some good red oak logs to cut up into lumber?

 This first picture is where he cut the tree:

This next one is looking from stump up to the top of the fallen tree:

And another picture looking out the driveway:

This one is looking down the driveway, the opposite of the one above:

He also tried to pull the downed tree away with both his F350 4x4 truck and with the big tractor.  They both just dug deep holes in the driveway:

That is one heavy tree, for sure.  You know, I think that I will just stand off to the side and watch the professionals do it.  Now you all have a great day, you hear?


14 comments:

  1. With this heat those tree choppers will earn their money for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got soaked with sweat just standing there as they wrote out the estimate.

      Delete
  2. like you said leave it to the professionals !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned the hard way, but it took a long, long time.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you aren't going to try to do any of the work. Be a "sidewalk supervisor"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That red oak makes good firewood, is there such a thing as a cold snap in Texas? Probably not much thought of until the mercury drops below 100. We only a couple degree shy of triple digits, and it ain't even dog days yet. When that dog shows up, bet his tongue is dragging the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it does. My daughter-in-law wants some. She and my son will cut up the trees after they are down and use the wood for fire wood.

      Delete
  5. Yes DD I'd like some of that timber for my little fireplace... do you think you could bundle it up into small packages and perhaps one of your couriers might deliver it... my address is by a tree in Northland New Zealand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but they did charge me extra to take it away. Let me tell you, that was some beautiful wood!!

      Delete
  6. That definitely looks like a job you should supervise with a glass of iced tea in your hand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and let me tell you, it was really hot out there and they were finished before noon.

      Delete
  7. Both our daughter in NYA and son in OH have had to have trees removed recently.... Expensive! Neither of them have a fireplace so they can't even use the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me about it,,,, lololol. There were 3, his 2 wetbacks, and him, and it took them about 3 hours. Every twig was hauled off to the dump. It was 624.00, but he added on to help me with my deductible. I came out really good, and it's all repaired. My bro was 300.00, but i added another 100.00 because he was giving me a cut. He wants a tree to fall on his house too, lolol. After he gets into my insurance company.

    ReplyDelete