Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Electric for RVs


A little while back I told you about putting in additional electric boxes for the RVs.  This is the link to the old post in case you want to re-read it: Wondering about RV power plugs.
So, I figured today would be a good day to take some pictures of that project and post them on my blog.  This first picture is of the existing outside box.  I added the three breakers in the row on the right:

Then I ran wires to the two boxes that I added for the RV’s.

The first box that I added awhile ago was the one with the 30 and 20 amp plugs:

And of course the one for the 50 amp plug:

They have been plugged in and running stuff in both RVs for awhile now without any incident, so everything must be working as it is suppose to.  Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together or a project works the way you want it to?
You all have a great day now, you hear?



6 comments:

  1. Working around electricity sure does make me nervous. Don't think I could ever be an electrician!

    I appreciate you sharing that project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HJ, I know what you mean. There was nothing between me and the transformer except an inch or two and a 200 amp breaker which I left closed since I didn't want to shut the power off to the house. Didn't pay to have a shaking hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say....mighty fine look'n job. Specially when everything works.
    Since I notice little things, you may want to check the connections on the 200 amp main breaker. Is that corrosion I see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB, thanks and yes there is corrosion there but didn't want to get into any other project at the time. I will probably put it off until the connection burns in two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. forgive me for doubting you dick. Nice job

    the mohave rat

    ReplyDelete
  6. M-rat, no problem, I doubt myself, too.

    ReplyDelete